IMPORTANT: Put your hour number in front of your last name (no space) whenever you take a reading quiz (ex. 2Gates)
Results from Friday's quiz:
National results from last year:
Today we are looking at political ideology, or the consistent set of beliefs and attitudes about government that people have. The two main ideologies are liberal and conservative. Here is a chart that illustrates some of these differences.
Task #1: Create a t-chart in your notes with one side labeled Liberal and the other side labeled Conservative. Organize the following terms/phrases below into their proper placement on the chart.
- “Family values”
- Active govt. to help individuals with education, health care, equal opportunity
- Affirmative Action
- Armed Deterrence
- Defenders of civil liberties
- Less spending=less taxes
- More economic freedom
- More government intervention in the economy
- More power to the states
- Private Sector
- Public Sector (government)
- Redistribution of wealth
- Smaller government
- Strong military
- Tough on crime
- White Males
Task #2: Take the Pew Political Typology Quiz, another political ideology quiz.
- Record your results, including a description of that typology.
- Do you agree with the results or not? Why or why not?