Political Socialization: the process of learning your political beliefs/viewpoints (political ideology)
- Individuals learn their political beliefs and attitudes from a variety of sources
- Family—primary agent of socialization
- Religion—may be differences on economic & social issues
- School & Education-liberalizing effect of college—why??
- Mass media—is there a bias?
- Peer groups—tend to reinforce beliefs
Can a survey of 1000 people accurately represent the views of 300+ million? What makes a poll valid?
Videos for Review